News & History
Protecting Your Organization: 1 Hour Lunch, 3 Speakers, Four Topics, Dozens of TipsTHIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR 1 (GENERAL) RECERTIFICATION CREDIT THROUGH THE HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE.
Our August GPSHRM Chapter Meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm at The Angus Restaurant on Scenic Highway. Networking and Registration begins at 11:15 and lunch will be served until 12 noon, when our program will begin.
We are pleased to have three different speakers with us, each discussing a seperate topic. The speakers will be Janet Goldberg McEnery, Macfarlane Ferguson McMullen, P.A.; James Kordomenos, FFG; and John Fay, Zaeplex. Topics will include:
**Current Wage & Hour Issues: 10 Things Employers Should Know**
Even the most seasoned HR professional can feel confused and frustrated over the ever evolving Fair Labor Standards Act. Avoid the misconceptions and learn the essentials that every employer should know.
**Why Are 18% of Companies Unknowingly Hiring "relevant criminals" Even After Conducting a Background Check?**
Do you assume that your pre-employment screening process is thorough enough to protect your organization? The gaps and loopholes in the information available for pre-employment criminal background screening provides savvy criminals a wide open window of opportunity. Learn the details of how to create a thorough screening program while staying within the parameters of the EEOC and Title VI.
**What Do HR Directors Need to Know About Workplace Domestic Violence?**
As we know, domestic violence does not stay home when its victims go to work. It can follow them, resulting in violence in the workplace. With one out of every three American women reporting physical abuse by an intimate partner, it seems certain that any mid-to-large-sized company has employees struggling with domestic violence. Corporate America is playing catch up on the issue of Domestic Violence. You company has employees who are victims of Domestic Violence. What has your company done to address those employees needs?
**Common Questions Under the Health Care Reform Law**
"As a part of an executive's severance pay agreement, my client promises to pay part or all of his or her COBRA premiums under the employer's insured group health plan after his or her termination. Would such payment by the employer be a violation of the new Code Section 105(h) nondiscrimination rules?
For a complete bio on our presenters, please click on the link below.
Please RSVP using the RSVP link on our website or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP's must be received by Friday, August 5th. It is important to RSVP so that we have an accurate head count for lunches.
The meeting cost is $15 for GPSHRM members, $10 for Student Members, and $25 for guests. If you attend as a Guest and join the chapter within 30 days of the event, you will receive a $10 discount on your current year dues.
Also, if you RSVP for the meeting, but cannot attend, please cancel your RSVP within 24 hours of the meeting. Otherwise, you will be invoiced for the cost of your lunch. Thank you for your assistance!
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting !
- May 8, 2013 - Eleventh Annual Legal Conference - 4/12/2013
- April 10, 2013 - How to Fix Your Paradigm Shift - 3/15/2013
- March 13, 2013 - Implications of a Worksite Wellness Program: Cost vs. ROI - 3/4/2013
- February 13, 2013 - Extension of the reach of the National Labor Relations Act - 1/11/2013
- January 9, 2013 - Recent Developments in Wage and Hour Litigation - (What You Don't Know Will Get You Sued) - 12/21/2012
- December 12, 2012 - Unemployment Compensation Tax/Benefits & Best Practices - 11/29/2012
- November 14, 2012 - Our Annual Community Fundraising Event - 10/15/2012
- October 10, 2012 - Would Your Time Records Stand Up in Court - 9/13/2012
- September 12, 2012 - Internal Investigations--Keeping It Legal - 8/9/2012
- August 8, 2012 - Your Keys To A Successful Interview - 7/12/2012
- July 11, 2012 - Your Keys To A Successful Interview - 6/14/2012
- June 13, 2012 - Sharpen Your Image/ Put Your Best Self Forward - 5/14/2012
- May 9 , 2012 - TENTH ANNUAL LEGAL CONFERENCE - 4/12/2012
- April 11, 2012 - Workplace Violence - 3/15/2012
- March 14, 2012 - Preventing and Defending Whistleblower and Retaliation Claims - 2/15/2012
- February 8, 2012 - OFCCP Proposed Veteran Affirmative Action Regulations - 1/11/2012
- January 11, 2012 - Supervisory Training for a Drug-Free Workplace - 1/3/2012
- December 14th, 2011 - The DISC Traning Model - 12/5/2011
- November Meeting-Our Annual Community Fundraiser - 10/28/2011
- October GPSHRM Meeting-Bridges Out of Poverty: A Vision for a Stronger Community - 9/27/2011
- Protecting Your Organization: 1 Hour Lunch, 3 Speakers, Four Topics, Dozens of Tips - 7/28/2011
- Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - Executing HR With Dignity - 6/20/2011
- Wednesday, June 8, 2011 - Selling Human Resource Strategies to Your CEO - 6/1/2011
- Greater Pensacola SHRM - Annual Legal Conference - 5/4/2011
- Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - The Benefits of Strengthening the Link Between HR & Safety - 3/16/2011
- Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - Proposed Legislation Which Could Impact Florida Employers - 2/10/2011
- Wednesday, February 9, 2011 - Building a Culture of Recognition NOW! - 1/26/2011
- Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - substitute speaker from Landrum - 1/4/2011
- Wednesday, December 8, 2010-Why Strategic Planning is Important to HR - 11/22/2010
- Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - SEASON OF GIVING Luncheon - 11/4/2010
- Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - Managing the Me Generation-Part 2 - 9/28/2010
- Wednesday, September 8, 2010 - Substance Abuse in the workplace - 8/31/2010
- Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - POWER UP: Preparing Talent for Tomorrow - 7/27/2010
- Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - Impact of Sleep Disorders on the Workplace - 6/28/2010
- Wednesday, June 9, 2010 - The Five Dysfunctions of a Team - 5/20/2010
- *****LEGAL CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS UPDATE***** - 5/13/2010
- Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 - Health in Your Workplace: A Doctor's Perspective - 3/18/2010
- Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - Business Benefits From Diversity - 2/17/2010
- Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 - Health Reform: Implications for Employers - 1/19/2010
- Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - Managing Morale in a Difficult Economy - 12/30/2009
- Wednesday, December 9, 2009 - Managing the ME-Generation - 11/18/2009
- Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - The ADA Amendments of 2008 - 10/28/2009
- Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - Workplace Violence - 9/18/2009
- Wednesday, September 9, 2009 - Emerging Workforce Study - 8/27/2009
- Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 - Negligent Referrals and Defamation Issues - 7/14/2009
- Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - Workplace Diversity: A Financial Case Study - 6/18/2009
- Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - The Role of Customer Service in HR - 5/14/2009
- Wednesday, May 13th - 5/6/2009
- April Meeting - The 2009 Legal Conference on HR Issues - 3/23/2009
- March 2009 Meeting-BRACE - 3/20/2009
- Legal Conference Information and March Meeting Date Change - 2/12/2009
- FMLA Update - 1/26/2009
- “Keep Your Corporate New Year’s Resolution: Strategic Planning Best Practices.” - 1/6/2009
- Gulf Coast Kid's House - 10/21/2008
- Diversity Seminar - 9/23/2008
- Fail to Plan... Plan to Fail - 8/19/2008
- Certification: A Closer Look - 6/19/2008
- Fun at Work: the Power of Humor in Business - 5/29/2008
- Retirement Plans - 4/15/2008
- 2008 Legal Conference - 3/25/2008
- HR Backs Reliable Worker Verification - 3/3/2008
- Discrimination in the Workplace - 3/3/2008
- Generation Zzzzz: Many Workers Admit Sleeping on Job - 3/3/2008
- Lack of Career Advancement Main Reason Workers Consider Leaving - 3/3/2008